Dear Valued Golden Rock Guests:
We are delighted to announce that we are once again open to welcoming International guests back to the hotel.
As part of the phased reopening of St Kitts Nevis there will be
additional safety measures taken both on property and off. During the
past months, we have worked tirelessly on upgrading our safety protocols
and rethinking every little detail of our guests' stay. We aim to make your
stay as carefree as possible. Staff will be wearing masks and we ask that
guests do the same when unable to socially distance in public areas.
In the information below, you will find up to date information from the
St.Kitts Nevis government about travel restrictions step by step entry
procedure s and Golden Rock "Vacation in Place" Standards.
Please read below instructions carefully as they are the main guideline
for your stay.
Andrei & Antonia Mocanu
St.Kitts & Nevis Travel Restrictions
The CDC currently rates St. Kitts & Nevis as Level 1: Low Risk of COVID-19.
The current travel requirements for International Travelers arriving by air into St. Kitts and Nevis:
Complete the Travel Authorization Form on the national website (www.knatravelform.kn) and submit a negative RT-PCR test result from a CLIA/CDC/UKAS approved lab accredited with ISO/IEC 17025 standard, taken 72 hours prior to travel. They should also bring a copy of the negative COVID 19 RT-PCR test for their trip.
Undergo a health screening at the airport which includes a temperature check and a health questionnaire and download the SKN COVID-19 contact tracing mobile app to be used for the first 14 days of travel or less.
- 1-7 days: “Vacation in Place” travelers are not allowed to leave their hotel, only use hotel facilities and amenities. If staying for 7 days or less, all travelers are required to do a RT-PCR test 72 hours before departure.
- 8-14 days: “Vacation in Place” travelers are required to conduct a RT-PCR Test (150 USD visitors’ cost), if negative they can participate in the St. Kitts Highlights Tour by Travel Approved Certified Taxi/Tour Operators.
- 14 days or more: “Vacation in Place” travelers are required to conduct a RT-PCR Test (150 USD visitors’ cost), if negative they are free to integrate into the Federation.
For any updates or more information visit https://www.stkittstourism.kn/travel-advisory-update
Entry Procedures Step-by-Step
- Go to the government website knatravelform.kn as soon as you have a confirmed flight number and a reservation number or confirmation number from the place you will quarantine.
- Fill out the form. When it asks you if you have taken the Covid test from an approved location (https://testfortravel.com/), say no (if you haven’t yet) and it will have a message saying you need to come back and edit it with your results. Just leave it that way, and work through the rest of the form until you hit submit.
- You will receive an instant e-mail with a receipt number, name, DOB & passport number.
- Once you have your Covid test results no later than 72 hrs prior to your flight, upload an image of your test result and hit submit again.
- You can make changes to this form at any times.
- Your documents will be reviewed and an approval with a barcode will be sent to you that you must show to the airlines. Please email us this approval once you receive it to email@example.com
- Should you not receive approval please keep calling National Security at +1 869 467 1209 until an agent can send you necessary documents.
Golden Rock “Vacation in Place” Standards
- Provide all personal information for each guest (photo ID for contact tracing) & credit card details.
- Provide arrival details in order to arrange for your pick up from the airport.
- Fill out Health Questionnaire (link sent in booking confirmation or click here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/52BHNBH).
- You can also request a mini fridge in your room in advance.
- Approved transfers (e.g. SMILE Taxi, Islander water taxi, Wally taxi) will be organized by the hotel and charged directly to your hotel folio. You do not have to pay the vendor with cash or credit card minimizing contact.
- Once arriving on property, you will be directed straight to your room.
- TEMPERATURE CHECK enforced on arrival and logged.
- Single use mask & sanitizer provided.
- Virtual video check-in procedure via WhatsApp. Guest calls number on tent card once entering room.
- Luggage disinfected with sanitizing spray. Brought to room by bellmen and left at door on patio.
- Room key is placed in room prior to arrival.
- Welcome drink will be set up in room prior to arrival.
- There will be housekeeping service every 3 days during your stay to minimize exposure. However, in order to minimize the risk of infection, it will be a scheduled time while you are not in your room (e.g. during breakfast, at the pool).
- Complimentary laundry service will be offered.
- Clean linen & towels or cleaning products can also be provided upon request should you not wish to have housekeeping service.
- Front desk can be reached by WhatsApp 24/7 at +1869 662 5995 at any time.
- Temperatures will be recorded by the hotel on a daily basis. Please do also travel with your own thermometer. Hotel staff will call you daily to check your temperature & symptoms. Any guest that has an elevated temperature or shows any other signs of possible COVID-19 symptoms shall be immediately reported to the Ministry of Health.
- Hand sanitizers and all other protection measures are already installed throughout the hotel as per government regulations.
- You are permitted to walk around the property in the designated area only, including the pool area.
- All meals will be served either on your patio or pool area. Access to the main restaurant is restricted.
- Board games, cards & painting kits available upon request.
- After 7 days a nurse will come on property to test you (at your expense, PCR test USD $150). Once you have received a negative COVID-19 test, you are allowed to schedule approved trips on Nevis (list to be announced).
- Should you become a confirmed case of COVID-19, you will be placed in our isolation room for up to 14 days. This room will be stocked with food & beverages in order to minimize contact and there will be no housekeeping services. Cleaning kits and extra towels & linen will be provided in advance. You will be monitored by the Ministry of Health. All additional room & boards expenses incurred must be covered by the guest.
- Should your stay be longer than 14 days, another test must be done (at your expense, USD $150) on day 14. This will be again scheduled by the Ministry of Health. Once tested negative you will be free to move about the island.
- Should your stay be shorter than 7 or 14 days a test is required 72 hrs prior to your departure of the Federation.
- Upon arrival until day 7 – grey fluorescent bracelet, day 8 – 14 – red bracelet, 14++ days – no bracelet. This is for our security guard to know who is allowed to exit the designated area and who is not allowed to enter. Should you be found not following the rules, you shall be reported to the Ministry of Health.
- Paperless check-out, your final bill will be e-mailed to you and your credit card charged accordingly.
- Luggage pick up upon WhatsApp request. Bellman picks up luggage from the patio with full PPE.
The property will be split in two parts. The upper part comprised of Sugar Mill, Scarborough cottages, Mount Pleasant cottages and Morning Star cottages will be considered quarantine accommodations. This area will include the pool & separate dining area and will be available for your use. The lower part of the property comprising of Paradise, Windward and Dar including the entire restaurant area will be kept for guests that are already in the territory and deemed safe. These guests are not permitted to use the pool. The upper area will be guarded by a security guard.
The entire The Rocks restaurant is reserved for local guests only. As an international guest, you shall receive all meals either on your room patio, pool side or at the pool site dining facility. All orders shall be placed via WhatsApp & delivered accordingly.
All menus in the restaurant are single use or can be viewed via QR code or on our website: Menus.
The quarantine rooms are serviced by a single pathway and are guarded 24hrs by security. The security guard receives a list with all in-house guests’ names and room names in order to do spot checks. Thus, he can verify who is entering the “international guest only” zone. In addition to that guests vacationing in place wear color coded wrist bands.
All guests should disinfect pool loungers before and after each use in addition to hotel staff disinfecting them regularly. Pool towels are available pool side. Disinfectant spray & sanitizer station at the pool.
For lunch & dinner, pool side areas become dining areas. Tables & chairs will be set up either under the canopy or under the stars with full set up for a comfortable dining experience. See menus
Print/Save this page as pdf